dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: where does javahelp.jar come from in v3 build?

From: Bobby Bissett <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 14:30:18 -0500

On Dec 1, 2009, at 2:23 PM, Jane Young wrote:
> Looks like it's downloaded from the Maven central repository:
>
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/javax/help/javahelp/2.0.02/
>
> v3/pom.xml:
> <dependency>
> <groupId>javax.help</groupId>
> <artifactId>javahelp</artifactId>
> <version>2.0.02</version>
> </dependency>
>
> I don't know who publishes it the Maven central repo.

Is there any way to find out who pushed it there? From what I've
gathered, it wasn't anyone on the javahelp team (the code hasn't been
touched in years until last week or so).

It seems weird to me that we would ship code with no clue who wrote it
or knowledge of what exactly it does (since there are no sources that
match it exactly).

Thanks,
Bobby