dev@glassfish.java.net

Sending JMS messages between systems doesn't work any more

From: Kim Haase <Camilla.Haase_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 14:51:27 -0500

JMS applications that send messages from one system to another stopped
working for me in b73 and also fail in b74. They worked in earlier
builds -- I think I last tested them around b69.

Several examples in the Java EE Tutorial are based on sending JMS
messages between systems, so this is an issue for docs.

For a number of releases, the way to enable the sending of messages to a
remote system has been to create a JMS connection factory resource whose
AddressList property is set to the name of the remote system. (The
connector connection pool, therefore, has its AddressList property set
to this value.)

Now, when I try to send messages to the remote system, I get the
following error over and over:

WARNING: [C4003]: Error occurred on connection creation [jdench:7676]. -
cause: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
Dec 2, 2009 11:31:55 AM com.sun.messaging.jmq.jmsclient.ExceptionHandler
throwConnectionException

The JMS service is running on jdench.

This probably has nothing to do with it, but I also notice that when JMS
started up on the system named jdench, it reported that its connection
URL had the :mq: prefix:

[#|2009-12-02T11:27:54.660-0500|INFO|glassfishv3.0|com.sun.enterprise.connectors.jms.system.ActiveJmsResourceAdapter|_ThreadID=28;_ThreadName=p:
thread-pool-1; w: 5;|JMS Service Connection URL is :mq://localhost:7676/|#]

Or do I have to do something explicit now to allow other systems to
connect to the JMS running on GlassFish?

I'm running the client on my Windows XP system, and the remote system
(jdench) is my Solaris 10 system. I can ping jdench from the Windows
system just fine. The problem happens whether I run the client from
NetBeans or from the command line.

Thanks,
Kim Haase