dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: stealing jsp and servlet api jars for my source build

From: Bobby Bissett <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 16:49:57 -0500

>> My module has a dependency on jsp-api.jar and servlet-api.jar (it
>> needs actual jars with these names). Can I use the jars that have
>> already been built by other modules? For instance, grabbing the
>> output of the jsp.xml build and copying that where my ant script
>> wants it as jsp-api.jar?
> Yes. If you don't use Maven, you will need to copy the jar file
> from the local repository.

Thanks, will do. I have a comment in the main build.xml file as well
that the javahelp module needs to be built after the jsp one.

>> Since the jsp build depends on servlet-api, I should be able to
>> grab that as well after jsp.xml has run. But I don't see where the
>> servlet code is being built at all. Can I just depend that it will
>> be in the local maven repo after jsp runs and grab it from there?
> javax.servlet:3.0 is built in v3 workspace. Is it possible to
> depend on javax.servlet instead of servlet-api:2.5?
> If no, then we'll need to build servlet-api:2.5 from source.
> To build javax.servlet:30, we'll need to add this module in v3-
> build.xml. This build script is for building individual v3 modules
> since some external modules have dependencies on them.

Sure, I try that since I just need the api and not the impl. But I see
that another module is using servlet 2.5 already: wsit is using the
following two properties to build subcomponents:

servlet-api.version=2.5
servlet.mvn.path=javax/servlet/servlet-api/${servlet-api.version}/
servlet-api-${servlet-api.version}.jar

...with the comment "I see these are already published by JavaEE api
v3 build" in wsit.xml. Does that make sense (or should it change in
the wsit build)?

Thanks again,
Bobby