dev@glassfish.java.net

[v3]: Update on HCF

From: Abhijit Kumar <Abhijit.Kumar_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 23:26:40 -0800

Folks,

We have made really good progress in addressing open P1-P3 defects over
last few weeks and excluding docs, i18n, l10n and sqe-test issues we are
now down to 73 open defects (113 including those sub components I
mentioned). I really appreciate all the hard work that went into
bringing the open defect count down from about 900 to the current number
even with a really high incoming defect rate (thanks to FishCAT guys for
extensive testing).

Link to Open P1-P3 issues (excluding docs, i18n, l10n and sqe-test)
<https://glassfish.dev.java.net/issues/buglist.cgi?Submit+query=Submit+query&issue_type=DEFECT&component=glassfish&subcomponent=admin&subcomponent=admin_gui&subcomponent=amx&subcomponent=build_system&subcomponent=cdi&subcomponent=classloader&subcomponent=cmp&subcomponent=command_line_interface&subcomponent=configuration&subcomponent=deployment&subcomponent=ejb_container&subcomponent=entity-persistence&subcomponent=failover&subcomponent=grails&subcomponent=grizzly-kernel&subcomponent=group_management_service&subcomponent=hadb_admin&subcomponent=installation&subcomponent=jbi&subcomponent=jca&subcomponent=jdbc&subcomponent=jms&subcomponent=jruby&subcomponent=jsf&subcomponent=jts&subcomponent=lifecycle_modules&subcomponent=load_balancer&subcomponent=logging&subcomponent=mail&subcomponent=monitoring&subcomponent=naming&subcomponent=orb&subcomponent=OSGi&subcomponent=OSGi-JavaEE&subcomponent=other&subcomponent=packaging&subcomponent=performance&subcomponent=rest-interface&subcomponent=rmi_iiop_failover&subcomponent=rmi_iiop_load_balancer&subcomponent=sample_apps&subcomponent=security&subcomponent=standalone_client&subcomponent=update_center&subcomponent=upgrade_tool&subcomponent=verifier&subcomponent=web_container&subcomponent=web_services&subcomponent=web_services_mgmt&issue_status=UNCONFIRMED&issue_status=NEW&issue_status=STARTED&issue_status=REOPENED&priority=P1&priority=P2&priority=P3&email1=&emailtype1=exact&emailassigned_to1=1&email2=&emailtype2=exact&emailreporter2=1&issueidtype=include&issue_id=&changedin=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&short_desc=&short_desc_type=notregexp&long_desc=&long_desc_type=fulltext&issue_file_loc=&issue_file_loc_type=fulltext&status_whiteboard=v3_exclude&status_whiteboard_type=notregexp&keywords=&keywords_type=anytokens&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=&cmdtype=doit&namedcmd=v3PreludeOpenDefects&newqueryname=&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time>

For the engineering meeting tomorrow, Jerome will go over the remaining
open issues and identify the must fix issues before the HCF build. Our
goal will be to address these "must-fix" issues by midnight pacific
(11:59 pm) on Nov 10 and then have the HCF build promoted on wednesday.

For the remaining open defects, we will continue to evaluate and
determine whether they are must fix for the release. The evaluation will
need to be completed by module leads in partnership with the QA contact
for the module. The decision to "fix a defect" for the release will be
taken at twice-a-week engineering meetings run by Jerome. If a decision
can not wait till the next engineering meeting, please use the dev email
alias to request for a decision.

For the defects that we decide to fix in a later release, please set the
target release to v3.1 and update the status whiteboard with the word
v3_exclude. Please provide adequate explanation in the issue tracker to
explain the background for the change in target release.

As we move forward towards RC builds (targeted for Nov 17, Nov 24 and
Dec 1), it is extremely important to reduce the risks of regression by
minimizing the changes to workspace, so Jerome will be very aggressive
in denying fixes for defects that do not have good reward/risk ratio.

Thank you very much for getting us to HCF (Hard Code Freeze). The
workspace is open till midnight pacific. Any changes after that must
have approval from Jerome. However, in the interest of addressing our
high priority open issues faster, I am going to allow following
exceptions between midnight pacific and the engineering meeting on
tuesday 9 am pacific -

   1. Fixes to address regression in TCK results
   2. Integration of Weld, Hibernate validator, Jersey and Metro

Abhijit