dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: JPA in embedded GF?

From: Marina Vatkina <Marina.Vatkina_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 16:42:42 -0700

Hi Jerome,

Maven resolves transitive dependencies and I didn't try to check what does it
end up with, but my latest attempt to test embedded EJB is with 'java -cp'. I
attached here the script that so far allows to get a reply from helloWorld bean
(with exception - see more on it below), but when trying to use EJB with JPA, it
fails with java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/export/v3/gfs/glassfishv3/lib/install/applications/__ds_jdbc_ra (see no
'glassfish' after 'glassfishv3').

Now about exceptions: I do still see them with 'java -cp' calls, but:
a) I either get ClassNotFoundException:
org.glassfish.flashlight.provider.ProbeProviderFactory if
flashlight-framework.jar is not in the classpath,

or
b) I get tons of IllegalStateException's ("Provider already mapped" and "is not
an interface") if it is there.

I also get
c) several java.io.IOException: No such file or directory
         at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
         at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:883)
         at
com.sun.enterprise.security.common.Util.writeConfigFileToTempDir(Util.java:136)

But the last one doesn't seem to stop the bean access.

thanks,
-marina