dev@glassfish.java.net

Latest V3 Build From Source Issues

From: Roger Kitain <Roger.Kitain_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 17:44:58 -0400

Hello,

I've checked out and build the latest v3 source.
I'm running to some classloading issues when deploying a WebBeans
application.
The same application deploys fine from an older v3 build (Aug 12).

Code such as:

Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().loadClass("javax.faces.context.FacesContext")
is
evals to null whereas in previous build of v3 it worked fine.

In addition I'm also running into xerces related errors:

javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl could
not be instantiated: java.lang.NullPointerException
   at
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(DocumentBuilderFactory.java:129)
   at org.jboss.webbeans.xml.BeansXmlParser.parse(BeansXmlParser.java:120)
   at
org.jboss.webbeans.bootstrap.BeanDeployment.parseBeansXml(BeanDeployment.java:101)

Again - this all worked fine in a previous build.

-roger