dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Monitoring update

From: Vivek Pandey <Vivek.Pandey_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 11:42:56 -0700

I would like to bring issue related to these monitoring levels and
whether events will be lost. So, I have a jruby-container stats provider
that captures application level statistics. Basically every application
deployed/undeployed send events to the container stats provider and the
details of these applcations are captured there. What happens, when lets
say I have an applications deployed and then the user turns OFF
jruby-container monitoring. Then he deploys some new applications. Then
he turns the monitoring ON. Now the stats corresponding to the
applications deployed since he turned the level OFF are lost. So for
example the app count will be 1 instead of 2. Is this how its going to
work?

Basically does turning the monitoring off mean how the data is displayed
or whether the events are sent or not?

-vivek.