dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: V3 Monitoring questions

From: Jennifer Chou <Jennifer.Chou_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 13:00:16 +0100

Marina Vatkina wrote:
> Jennifer Chou wrote:
>> Marina Vatkina wrote:

>>> PluginPoint.XXX.
>>>
>>> There is (I think) some generic code in v2 that inserted
>>> "bean-methods" (in other monitoring items there are other strings)
>>> between the <app-name>.<module-name>.<bean-name> and the stringified
>>> method signature:
>>>
>>> server.applications.ejb-flush-testApp.ejb-flush-test-ejb\.jar.A2.bean-methods.create-java\.lang\.String.dotted-name
>>>

>> So it would be like..
>> PluginPoint = PluginPoint.APPLICATIONS
>
> What is the difference btw SERVER and APPLICATIONS?
SERVER should just be the top-level 'server'
APPLICATIONS should be 'server.applications'

>> subTreeNode = appName + "/" moduleName + "/" + beanName +
>> "/bean-methods/" + methodSignature
>>
>> So we can use the same v2 code to generate the dotted name so it's
>> the same as v2.
>
> Which code converted method into the methodSignature? Do we have it in
> v3?
I don't know myself. Can you check with Prashanth and see if he know
somebody familiar with that code?

>>> CallFlowInfo is (was?) a generic monitoring interface:
>>> ./common/common-util/src/main/java/com/sun/enterprise/admin/monitor/callflow/CallFlowInfo.java

>>> Will both classes be marked as @ManagedObject?
>>
>> only the one with @ManagedAttribute methods.
>
> Did you try it? I'm getting NPE from 'asadmin get --monitor=true "*"'
> so I can't even check in my code :(
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.put(ConcurrentHashMap.java:881)
> at
> org.glassfish.external.statistics.impl.StatisticImpl.getStaticAsMap(StatisticImpl.java:82)
>
> at
> org.glassfish.external.statistics.impl.CountStatisticImpl.getStaticAsMap(CountStatisticImpl.java:75)
>
> at
> com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.GetCommand.addStatisticInfo(GetCommand.java:216)
>
> at
> com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.GetCommand.insertNameValuePairs(GetCommand.java:203)
>
> at
> com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.GetCommand.getMonitorAttributes(GetCommand.java:182)
>
> at
> com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.GetCommand.execute(GetCommand.java:100)
No I haven't tried this scenario myself. Not sure what is going on here.
You can check-in with the register commented out. I can take a look.