dev@glassfish.java.net

Where does ACC's CORBA stack get the server's IP from?

From: Markus Karg <karg_at_quipsy.de>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 11:45:29 +0200

We have an urgent problem related to ACC's CORBA internals which I hope
can be answered soon by the CORBA experts in this forum. I will post the
solution later in the user forum if it is resolved to reduce cluttering
of the forum with lots of internals.

There is a customer running GlassFish v2ur2 with a remote ACC. All
worked well. Due to internal subnet restructuring, now his server host
has changed its IP address (CORRECT (new) is 192.168.200.1. He now has
the trouble that his remote ACCs start up, try to connect to the server,
but this trial is using a WRONG IP (10.31.140.2 Port 3700), as shown
below. When we do a ping on the server's hostname from this client, it
shows the CORRECT (new) IP of the server - so it is not a general DNS
problem!

So the question is: Where does CORBA get this WRONG IP from (obviously
not from DNS, since ping is working)? And how to convince the ACC to use
the CORRECT (new) IP (we have replaced the hostname in the client's
sun-acc.xml by the correct IP, but does not work)?

We checked DNS and etc/hosts on client and server, with no solution.

Thanks!

Markus

.java:105)

        at
com.sun.enterprise.iiop.IIOPSSLSocketFactory.createSocket(IIOPSSLSock

etFactory.java:332)

        ... 19 more

24.08.2009 08:17:51
com.sun.corba.ee.impl.transport.SocketOrChannelConnectionImp

l <init>

WARNUNG: "IOP00410201: (COMM_FAILURE) Verbindungsfehler: socketType:
IIOP_CLEAR_

TEXT; Hostname: 10.31.140.2; Anschluss: 3700"

org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: vmcid: SUN minor code: 201 completed: No

        at
com.sun.corba.ee.impl.logging.ORBUtilSystemException.connectFailure(O

RBUtilSystemException.java:2690)

        at
com.sun.corba.ee.impl.logging.ORBUtilSystemException.connectFailure(O

RBUtilSystemException.java:2711)

        at
com.sun.corba.ee.impl.transport.SocketOrChannelConnectionImpl.<init>(

SocketOrChannelConnectionImpl.java:261)

        at
com.sun.corba.ee.impl.transport.SocketOrChannelConnectionImpl.<init>(

SocketOrChannelConnectionImpl.java:274)

        at
com.sun.corba.ee.impl.transport.SocketOrChannelContactInfoImpl.create

Connection(SocketOrChannelContactInfoImpl.java:130)

        at
com.sun.corba.ee.impl.protocol.CorbaClientRequestDispatcherImpl.begin

Request(CorbaClientRequestDispatcherImpl.java:192)

        at
com.sun.corba.ee.impl.protocol.CorbaClientDelegateImpl.request(CorbaC

lientDelegateImpl.java:181)

        at
com.sun.corba.ee.impl.protocol.CorbaClientDelegateImpl.is_a(CorbaClie

ntDelegateImpl.java:325)

        at org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._is_a(ObjectImpl.java:112)

        at
org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextHelper.narrow(NamingContextHelper.java

:69)

        at
com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialContext.narrowProvider(SerialContext.

java:131)

        at
com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialContext.getCachedProvider(SerialConte

xt.java:247)

        at
com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialContext.getRemoteProvider(SerialConte

xt.java:227)

        at
com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialContext.getProvider(SerialContext.jav

a:160)

        at
com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialContext.lookup(SerialContext.java:398

)

        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)

        at
com.sun.enterprise.naming.NamingManagerImpl.bindObjects(NamingManager

Impl.java:626)

        at
com.sun.enterprise.appclient.AppContainer.preInvoke(AppContainer.java

:146)

        at
com.sun.enterprise.appclient.MainWithModuleSupport.<init>(MainWithMod

uleSupport.java:383)

        at
com.sun.enterprise.appclient.MainWithModuleSupport.<init>(MainWithMod

uleSupport.java:259)

        at com.sun.enterprise.appclient.Main.main(Main.java:200)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.ConnectException:
Connection tim

ed out: connect

        at
com.sun.enterprise.iiop.IIOPSSLSocketFactory.createSocket(IIOPSSLSock

etFactory.java:347)

        at
com.sun.corba.ee.impl.transport.SocketOrChannelConnectionImpl.<init>(

SocketOrChannelConnectionImpl.java:244)

        ... 18 more

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

        at sun.nio.ch.Net.connect(Native Method)

        at
sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.connect(SocketChannelImpl.java:507)

        at
com.sun.corba.ee.impl.orbutil.ORBUtility.openSocketChannel(ORBUtility

.java:105)

        at
com.sun.enterprise.iiop.IIOPSSLSocketFactory.createSocket(IIOPSSLSock

etFactory.java:332)

        ... 19 more

24.08.2009 08:18:22