dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Wrong ServerEnvironmentImpl properties in embedded mode?

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 12:41:03 -0700

On Aug 14, 2009, at 10:43 AM, Marina Vatkina wrote:

> Now I'm totally confused :(.
>
> 1. Didn't you tell us (on another thread) that embedded EJB can't
> use the inplanted mode? And that I shouldn't call setInstanceRoot
> because it results in 'address already in use' error?
it's inplanted mode because you end up using an existing glassfish
installation but the classloading is very different, only one
classloader to load the entire application server jars. as for the
setInstanceRoot, it better not be called at that time because you will
set the location of the installation by using the new embedded-
static.jar location.

> 2. If the partially-inplanted mode is when the embedded EJB is used
> with the existing GF installation (and not uber-jar downloaded
> separately), and setInstallRoot is not called, do I call a)
> setInstanceRoot and setConfigurationFile? or b) only
> setConfigurationFile?

only b)

> If I can't call setInstallRoot, how will its location be calculated
> if the instance location is not the default?

the location will be relative to the location of the embedded-
static.jar file (which reference all the modules jars).

> 3. If in that partially-inplanted mode (#2), there will be a special
> embedded-xxx.jar which will reference all installed jars under
> modules, it won't include keystore.jks and __ds_jdbc_ra, as they
> will be used from the GF installation. Right?

right, but the installRoot will be set (again relative to the special
embedded-xxx.jar) so keystore, and connectors will be found.

> If yes, we are back to the problem that the calculation of the
> "com.sun.aas.installRoot" produces wrong result in embedded mode :(.

no :)

jerome