dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: why won't my unit tests run?

From: Lloyd Chambers <Lloyd.Chambers_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 13:30:13 -0700

Even more mysterious—

I do have some tests that are being run in common/amx-core-imp.

But when I duplicate one of those tests, changing nothing but the
classname, the new test compiles and is in target/test-classes, but it
is ignored, and never run.

I can't find any file that lists tests by name or anything of that sort.

Lloyd

On Jul 30, 2009, at 1:08 PM, Lloyd Chambers wrote:

> Is there some trick to getting a junit test to run for a module
> during build?
>
> Adding a test does not seem to run. Here's a dummy I tried ("There
> are no tests to run").
>
> llcMP:amx-core llc$ ls src/test/java/org/glassfish/admin/amx/test/core
> OtherTests.java
>

> package org.glassfish.admin.amx.test.core;
>
> import org.junit.Test;
>
> public final class OtherTests {
> public OtherTests()
> {
> }
>
> @Test
> public void testDummy() {
> }
> }
>
> It doesn't look any different than ImmutableTest in glassfish-api:
>
> package org.glassfish.api.tests;
>
> import org.junit.Test;
> import junit.framework.Assert;
> import org.glassfish.api.event.EventTypes;
>
> public class ImmutableTest {
> @Test
> public void test1() {
>
> EventTypes evt1 = EventTypes.create("foo");
> EventTypes evt2 = EventTypes.create("foo");
> EventTypes evt3 = EventTypes.create("foo34");
>
> Assert.assertNotSame(evt1, evt3);
> Assert.assertEquals(evt1, evt2);
>
> Assert.assertTrue(evt1==evt2);
> Assert.assertFalse(evt1==evt3);