dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: schema documentation

From: Kedar Mhaswade <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 05:47:37 -0700

Justin Lee wrote:
> I wasn't aware of that directory to be honest.

Me too. What is this folder for? If it is for autodeploying OSGi bundles
could we reuse the existing autodeploy folder instead?

> Sahoo wrote:
>> Justin Lee wrote:
>>> (Apparently new commands aren't recognized without a restart despite
>>> all the osgi goodness involved.)
>> Have you tried copying your jar to domain1/autodeploy-bundles/, a
>> directory which is watched for bundle additions/updations/deletions.
>> If it still does not work, convince admin team to detect commands at
>> runtime instead of requiring a server restart.

Can you elaborate on what this means?
AFAIK, command is looked up from habitat every time it's invoked on the
command line. At least this is how it was and I guess it worked dynamically.

Are we supposed to do something else to make commands available dynamically?