dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Build takes too long

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 08:11:05 -0500

One step that might help is to remove (or comment out for now) the
appclient distribution build. When I asked about this initially people
thought it was a good idea to have a separate distribution for remote
clients. But the idea never reached a formal proposal stage , it's not
really documented, and we don't make the appclient distribution
available for separate download.

Plus the package-appclient feature available once GlassFish is installed
accomplishes essentially the same thing with some advantages - it
includes domain-specific settings in the zip file it creates.

If we decide later to support a separate appclient distribution we can
reinstate this part of the build. At the moment, because the appclient
distribution is not posted for download, there's not much point to
building it.

- Tim