dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: POM change review ...

From: Sahoo <sahoo_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 21:26:45 +0530

Kedar Mhaswade wrote:

> Sahoo wrote:
>> Kedar Mhaswade wrote:
>>> Let me check.
>>>
>> Let us know your findings.
>
> Maven dependency plugin shows me:
> [INFO] Plugin Resolved: maven-jaxb2-plugin-0.7.1.jar
> [INFO] Plugin Dependency Resolved: maven-jaxb2-plugin-raw-0.7.1.jar
> [INFO] Plugin Dependency Resolved: jaxb-impl-2.1.10.jar
> [INFO] Plugin Dependency Resolved: jaxb-xjc-2.1.10.jar
>
> I guess that means without explicit versions, these are what I get.
> I don't know where these numbers are specified.

In that case, don't take a chance. Lock the version to what you want to
use, otherwise it may even start using SNAPSHOT version of the plugin.

Secondly, irrespective of whether the plugin is used locally or not, add
it in v3/pom.xml's dependencyManagement to avoid having multiple modules
defining multiple versions of the same plugin.

Thanks,
Sahoo