dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Embedded EJB container

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 15:04:38 -0700

does the ejb-api allow you to create more than one ejb-container ?
if not, then the ejb-api should just decide the name it wants to use.

On the backend, we should have an API to get the list of started
instances so we don't end up added new ones to often. let me add one.

Marina Vatkina wrote:
> How would a user specify a name to something that is hidden behind the
> EJB API?
>
> thanks,
> -marina
>
> Jerome Dochez wrote:
>> right, so the idea would be that all embedded tests within the build
>> would need to use the same ID, it's a bit limitative but so far I
>> have no solution to fix the problem below where to JDK accepts to set
>> things only once.
>>
>> jerome
>>
>> Marina Vatkina wrote:
>>
>>> Jerome,
>>>
>>> What do I do about this (new) warning (the name that I pass to 'new
>>> Server.Builder' is obviously not the same as your test case):
>>>
>>> java.lang.IllegalStateException: InitialContextFactoryBuilder
>>> already set
>>> at
>>> javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.setInitialContextFactoryBuilder(NamingManager.java:692)
>>>
>>> at
>>> com.sun.enterprise.naming.GlassFishNamingBuilder.<init>(GlassFishNamingBuilder.java:110)
>>>
>>> at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
>>> at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>>
>>> at
>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
>>>
>>> at
>>> java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
>>> at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)
>>> at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)
>>> at
>>> com.sun.hk2.component.ConstructorWomb.create(ConstructorWomb.java:72)
>>> at
>>> com.sun.hk2.component.AbstractWombImpl.get(AbstractWombImpl.java:71)
>>> at
>>> com.sun.hk2.component.SingletonInhabitant.get(SingletonInhabitant.java:58)
>>>
>>> at
>>> com.sun.hk2.component.LazyInhabitant.get(LazyInhabitant.java:107)
>>> at
>>> com.sun.hk2.component.AbstractInhabitantImpl.get(AbstractInhabitantImpl.java:60)
>>>
>>> at
>>> com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.AppServerStartup.run(AppServerStartup.java:218)
>>>
>>> at
>>> com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.AppServerStartup.start(AppServerStartup.java:115)
>>>
>>> at
>>> com.sun.enterprise.module.bootstrap.Main.launch(Main.java:433)
>>> at
>>> com.sun.enterprise.module.bootstrap.Main.launch(Main.java:377)
>>> at
>>> com.sun.enterprise.module.bootstrap.Main.launch(Main.java:310)
>>> at
>>> com.sun.enterprise.module.bootstrap.Main.launch(Main.java:303)
>>> at
>>> com.sun.enterprise.glassfish.bootstrap.ASEmbedded.run(ASEmbedded.java:107)
>>>
>>> at
>>> com.sun.enterprise.glassfish.bootstrap.AbstractMain.start(AbstractMain.java:50)
>>>
>>> at org.glassfish.api.embedded.Server.<init>(Server.java:150)
>>> at org.glassfish.api.embedded.Server.<init>(Server.java:53)
>>> at
>>> org.glassfish.api.embedded.Server$Builder.build(Server.java:119)
>>> at