dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Temporary area for an instance

From: Richard S. Hall <heavy_at_ungoverned.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 13:35:18 -0400

On 3/20/09 1:32 PM, Kedar Mhaswade wrote:
> Jerome Dochez wrote:
>> the "only" thing we have to do to ensure that the cache is being
>> flushed and recreated at the next startup is just to remove the
>> gf.lastmodified file from the cache. It will not bug the OSGi runtime
>> and will trigger an automatic refresh at the next startup.
>
> Thanks! That helps. And that means the file gf.lastmodified can be
> removed while
> server is running.
>>
>> a remote command could be useful although what are the uses cases for
>> using that command ?
>
> I am not sure. There may be cases for "if A happens, regenerate the
> felix-cache".
>
> Again, this is very felix-specific command and it may not be prudent
> to add it as is. I am not looking at increasing the command set ;)
>
> BTW, does felix tui have a similar command or is it more like "rm -rf"?

It is possible to do an "rm -rf" on the existing cache when the
framework is first initialized, per the new framework API spec (i.e.,
also supported by Equinox). The new framework API also allows you to set
the directory used by the framework for its storage area, so this will
have more standardization around it now.

-> richard