dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [GFv3] System properties set in domain.xml not available to bootstrap code

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 12:12:55 -0700

domain.xml parsing in start-domain is not using the config-api module,
it's using a mini xml parser which allow to only parse the required
information like jvm parameters without constructing a full
configuration tree like the full glassfish process does. And this is
not a challenge, this is by design that all the modules except for hk2
and glassfish.jar are loaded by OSGi.

All glassfish modules can be loaded statically (hence the static mode)
but I don't think it's a good idea we start loading some glassfish
modules through the application class loader and some others through
OSGi. Can you clarify what you are trying to do.

Jerome