dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: findbugs-maven-plugin

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 00:34:25 +0530

Bill,

I don't see any way of doing it other than upgrading the plugin itself.
Looking at the change log [1] of the plugin, I don't see any release of
the plugin that supports findbugs version > 1.2.1 yet. [2] suggests
findbugs-maven-plugin version 1.2.0, which is the last released version
of the plugin, uses findbugs version 1.2.1, which is what you mentioned
in your email as well. [3] suggests 2.0, which is the next major release
of the plugin, will use findbugs 1.3.7. There is a SNAPSHOT binary
available. Do you have issues in depending on *2.0-SNAPSHOT* version of
the plugin in the meanwhile? Since the SNAPSHOT plugin is *not*
available in default maven repo, you have to add the codehaus SNAPSHOT
repository as a plugin repository either in your ~/.m2/settings.xml or
in your pom.xml in addition to changing the version from 1.2 to
2.0-SNAPSHOT in the <plugin> section in your pom.xml. Here is how you
can add the required repository in your pom.xml:

//pom.xml
<project ...>
   <pluginRepositories>
    <!-- This has been added to use the SNAPSHOT version of findbugs
plugin-->
    <pluginRepository>
     <id>codehaus-snapshot-repository</id>
     <url>http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/</url>
     <snapshots>
       <updatePolicy>daily</updatePolicy>
     </snapshots>
   </pluginRepository>
 </pluginRepositories>

If you have multiple projects, then you can add it in ~/.m2/settings.xml.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
Sahoo

[1] http://mojo.codehaus.org/findbugs-maven-plugin/changes-report.html