dev@glassfish.java.net

Workaround for craeting MySQL DataSource in prelude GA

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 23:01:30 -0700

Thanks Lance for filing the issue.

I have fixed Issue 6671 where you cannot create a MySQL Connection pool if the driver is present.   The fix is checked  in to the trunk for build 29.
For anyone who is using  GlassFish v3 Prelude release, here is the workaround:

When creating the connection pool,  just leave the Database Vendor  dropdown empty.   This  is not a required field  and  the  info is  for  pre-filling  the datasource className for you in the 2nd page.

In the 2nd page,   fill in  the datasource  className accordingly.

Resource Type
Datasource Classname
javax.sql.ConnectionPoolDataSource
com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlConnectionPoolDataSource
javax.sql.DataSource
com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlDataSource
javax.sql.XADataSource
com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlXADataSource

You will have to fill in the property table with the correct property name and value pair.

thanks.
Anissa

Just wondering if I am the only person encountering a problem  creating  a MySQL connection pool  as I am getting an Exception  on prelude GA (I am on XP) via the admin gui

Via the admin gui,  I added the following entries for the Connection pool

Name:  Mysql-testdb-pool
Resource: javax.sql.DataSource
DataBase Vendor: MySQL

And when I hit the next button, i get the following error

Note I do not see this for a JavaDB pool.

-lance

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report
message
descriptionThe server encountered an internal error () that
prevented it from fulfilling this request.
exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException while attempting to process a 'command' event for 'nextButton'.
root cause
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException while attempting to process a 'command' event for 'nextButton'.
root cause
root cause
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException while attempting to process a 'beforeCreate' event for 'page1'.
root cause
root cause
java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to com.sun.appserv.management.config.PropertyConfig
note The full stack traces of the exception and its root
causes are available in the GlassFish/v3 logs.