dev@glassfish.java.net

Anyone else try using the admin gui to create a MySQL DataSource in prelude GA

From: Lance J. Andersen <Lance.Andersen_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 16:08:08 -0400

Just wondering if I am the only person encountering a problem creating
a MySQL connection pool as I am getting an Exception on prelude GA (I
am on XP) via the admin gui

Via the admin gui, I added the following entries for the Connection pool

Name: Mysql-testdb-pool
Resource: javax.sql.DataSource
DataBase Vendor: MySQL

And when I hit the next button, i get the following error

Note I do not see this for a JavaDB pool.

-lance

  HTTP Status 500 -

*type* Exception report

*message*

*description*The server encountered an internal error () that prevented
it from fulfilling this request.

*exception*

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException while attempting to process a 'command' event for 'nextButton'.

*root cause*

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException while attempting to process a 'command' event for 'nextButton'.

*root cause*

*root cause*

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException while attempting to process a 'beforeCreate' event for 'page1'.

*root cause*

*root cause*

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to com.sun.appserv.management.config.PropertyConfig

*note* _The full stack traces of the exception and its root causes are
available in the GlassFish/v3 logs._