dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: gf v3 installer on windows uses the jre even if there is a jdk...

From: Snjezana Sevo-Zenzerovic <Snjezana.Sevo-Zenzerovic_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:49:55 -0700

Ludo,

server runtime doesn't have any knowledge of JDK/JRE that was used for
installer's own runtime since in v3 we don't set JDK location in
asenv.bat anymore. So, I'll venture to say that installer did in fact
use JDK, but you also need to have JDK/bin in your PATH when you start
the server.

Thanks,

Snjezana