dev@glassfish.java.net

Simple way to find the current logging level?

From: Jacob Kessler <Jacob.Kessler_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 16:27:00 -0700

I'm trying to find the current logging level so that I can pass it on to
a Jruby runtime to let Rails/merb/etc. log things correctly and
sensibly. However, a simple call to logger.getLevel() on the logger I
have in Java returns a null which, while allowed, isn't very useful.
Trying to recuse myself up the logger hierarchy until I find a non-null
level seems like the wrong way to deal with that, so I thought I'd ask
here: Is there a simple way to find out the current log level that your
logger is logging at?