dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: detecting api versions for Java EE 6 Profile determination....

From: Vince Kraemer <Vince.Kraemer_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 13:58:38 -0700

I can live with a GF specific answer. It would probably be better to
have an answer that was based on specs end-to-end and avoided
implementation details... but I realize that increases the overhead of
creating the answer.

I will probably have to settle for a GF specific answer to be able to
query a remote server... (I guess using asadmin's get subcommand).

I think Package might work... but I am a bit worried about the effect of
profiles on this...

Since all the EJB interfaces are in the same package, the vendor, title
or version info would need to include some way of describing which
profile is being implemented...

It seems like that would degenerate into a Class.forName(String) random
walk through apis...

vbk