dev@glassfish.java.net

Resource Autodeployment

From: Jason Lee <jason_at_steeplesoft.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 08:45:53 -0500

Tim, if you're around this week, please feel free to bring this to the
attention of the appropriate parties. :)

At any rate, last week over Thai, we discussed the code in the autodeployer
that makes sure the files found in the AD directory were Java archives of
some sort. You wondered if that code was still in the execution path. I
did some testing last night, and it indeed is. I haven't gotten to the bits
that check to make sure an archive is able to be opened (to make sure the
copy command has completed before trying to deploy the archive), but I'd
guess that it, too, is still being executed. My question is this: does any
of that need to be? If I understand the architecture correctly, the
sniffer/container responsible for those archives should be doing the test
and not this part of the code. If I'm right on that, then that bit of code
can be excised.

Thoughts/direction, anyone? I may try commenting out that code in the
interim and see what happens...

--
Jason Lee, SCJP
Software Architect -- Objectstream, Inc.