dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: EL Jar in Maven 2 repository non correctly compiled

From: Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petrelli_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 13:52:54 +0200

2008/5/1 Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_sun.com>:
> Antonio Petrelli wrote:
>
> > Hi all!
> > I hope that I am writing to the correct mailing list.
> > The "el-api" jar in Maven 2 repository seems to be compiled for Java 1.4.
> > http://download.java.net/maven/2/javax/el/el-api/1.0/
> >

> I guess you mean it's compiled for Java5? So we need to rebuild it for 1.4
> and earlier?

No! I meant exactly what I wrote.
In particular, if I override the ExpressionFactory.coerceToType method this way:

public final Object coerceToType(Object obj, Class<?> targetType) {

it gives me a compile error, while changing it to:

public final Object coerceToType(Object obj, Class targetType) {

it compiles correctly.
But using the JAR in Maven *1* repository, the first version of the
signature compiles correctly. This seems a symptom due to the
compilation with source level 1.5 and target level 1.4, where usually
happens generics erasure.

Antonio