dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Inconsistency between deploy & undeploy CLI

From: Jason Lee <jason_at_steeplesoft.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 14:21:52 -0500

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 1:56 PM, Lloyd L Chambers
<Lloyd.Chambers_at_sun.com> wrote:
> I think it would be better to reject deployments that are of a different
> type; eg replacing 'war' with 'ear'. This is not a common case, so it's
> likely to be a unintentional mistake. Better to have the user undeploy the
> 'war', the deploy the 'ear'.

I agree. I'd hate to be the maintainer of foo.war and start getting
support calls on my broken app, only to find out that another
developer/admin deployed foo.ear and silently replaced my app. In an
ideal world, there would be organizational controls in place to help
mitigate that kind of scenario, but we're not always in such a world.
:)

--
Jason Lee, SCJP
Software Architect -- Objectstream, Inc.