dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Resource Autodeploy Question (issue 4490)

From: Bhakti Mehta <Bhakti.Mehta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 15:05:08 -0700

Jason Lee wrote:
> getSniffers()
>
> And I'm stumped at about line 165 in DeployCommand (it doesn't help
> that it's after midnight, though I'm sure those involved in J1 will
> have much sympathy for me :). I see that it checks to make sure there
> are Sniffers, then doesn't come back to that for a long time. More
> importantly, what is a Sniffer? In his comments on 4490, tjquinn
> mentioned something about sniffers, but I'm not sure what they are,
> what they do, how they plug in here, etc. Is there any documentation
> on them, or can someone cobble together and quick-n-dirty explanation
> for me? Beyond that question, am I reading the source correctly, on
> the right path, etc?
Jason,
Here is some document to help you
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=ContainerSPI
I too had run into these questions initially As long as a Sniffer is
packaged in an Hk2 module they are registered. I have some code in
webservices/jsr109-impl if that can help you get started
Regards,
Bhakti