dev@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish v3 and OSGi

From: Jan Bartel <janb_at_mortbay.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 11:53:14 +1000

Interesting blogs by Jerome and Sahoo. Great move to put Glassfish onto an OSGi basis.

I agree with Sahoo about Peter Krien's bnd plugin for maven - we've been using it for
a while now to generate the OSGi manifests for jetty, and now we're fully componentized
as separable OSGi modules.

We'll take a look at the new OSGi work with a view to integrating jetty - as Glassfish
moves more into OSGi that task should get even simpler, as Jetty is already the
default Http Service in many many OSGi platforms. So we should have our feet up on
the desks and cold beers in hand any time now :-)

Will keep the group posted on our progress,
Jan