dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: GFV3 TP2 jar names suffix?

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:00:18 -0700

Ludovic Champenois wrote:
> Current GF V3 builds have *-SNAPSHOT.jar for module jars.
> What will be the extension name for the TP2 release? I need to know so
> that we can register libraries to NetBeans and Eclipse IDEs (EclipsLink,
> Comet, etc).

The plan on the table is to use "10.0-tp-2" (AIU, maven version
comparison algorithm works better when the number and tokens are
separated, like "1.2-beta-3", hence '-' between tp and 2.)

All the the module jars will get the same treatment.

I'll try test-driving maven-release-plugin for GFv3 to see if it can
work with the entire GFv3 --- I've been using the plugin successfully
with all my m2 projects, but they are considerably smaller than GFv3.

But aggressive versioning is better for other reasons as well, so I
think it's worth the effort.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi