dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: is HttpFileCache deprecated?

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 09:50:45 -0400

Hi,

Lloyd L Chambers wrote:
> I had marked the AMX interface HTTPFileCacheConfig as deprecated. I see
> that in V3 that we still have HttpFileCache.java.
>
> Can someone confirm that it is deprecated? If so, why do we have an
> element present in domain.xml as of today?
>
> /**
> This element remains in the DTD for compatibility reasons,
> but is no longer used.
> @deprecated
> */
> public interface HTTPFileCacheConfig extends ConfigElement, Singleton

So far we haven't discussed which http-service element needs to be
deprecated, so I will say no it is not deprecated (yet). In v3, we still
need to decide if file caching is done by Grizzly or can be
delegated/configured per container. If we decide to allow per-container,
the we shouldn't deprecated it...

A+

-- jeanfrancois