dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [OndemandServer] EJB Service

From: 呉傑 <wujie_at_cn.fujitsu.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:10:51 +0800

Hi Binod, Dev Team,

I have the following questions about EJB Timer Service.
1, Is EJB Timer Service initialized when DAS startup or Cluster startup.
2, When EJB app is undeployed which component is charge of stopping the
corresponding
   timer service and deleting the related data from DB.
   about the 2nd question I eager to know how the timer service is
stopped and related
   data is deleted in the cluster mode with multi instances.
   #I found that EJBTimerService#destroyTimers(long containerId) is
charge of doing that,
   and EJB container invokes EJBTimerService#destroyTimers(long
containerId).

I hope for your help.
Thanks
- Wu.

Binod さんは書きました:
> Hi Tang,
>
> On 26-Feb-08, at 9:32 AM, Tang Yong wrote:
>
>> Hi Binod,Dev Team,
>>
>> I come from China and work on the AppServer Development related.
>>
>> I see the Binod's excited
>> paper(http://weblogs.java.net/blog/binod/archive/2005/09/lazy_initializa.html),
>>
>> and understand a lot related ondemand startup.
>>
>> However, I have a few problems and wish you can help me resolve
>> them, as follows:
>> 1 I find that in "EjbServiceGroup.java", there are the following
>> comment:
>>
>> "Represents the group services needed by EJBs. The main components
>> of this servicegroup are ORB, JTS and system apps that use EJBs."
>>
>> then, what does the "system apps that use EJBs" mean?including
>> EJBTimerBean?
>
> Yes. TimerBean and MEJB.
>

>> 2 When appserver starts up, does the EJB Container need to be
>> initialized? If yes, initializes which
>> service related EJB Container ?
>
> Only when EJBs are deployed (or accessed) the EJB container need to be
> initialized.
>
> - Binod.
>

>> 3 Are there some deep material about the internal of Appserver's
>> LifeCycle?
>>

>> Thanks!
>>
>> Best Regard!
>>
>> --
>> Tang Yong
>> Development Dept.I
>> Nanjing Fujitsu Nanda Software Tech. Co., Ltd.(FNST)
>> 8/F., Civil Defense Building, No.189 Guangzhou Road,
>> Nanjing, 210029, China
>> TEL: +86+25-86630566-917
>> COINS: 79955-917
>> FAX: +86+25-83317685
>> MAIL: tangyong_at_cn.fujitsu.com

Regards
Wu Jie
Wu Jie
Development Dept.II
Nanjing Fujitsu Nanda Software Tech. Co., Ltd.(FNST)
8/F., Civil Defense Building, No.189 Guangzhou Road,
Nanjing, 210029, China
TEL: +86+25-86630566-918 COINS: 79955-918
FAX: +86+25-83317685
MAIL: wujie_at_cn.fujitsu.com