dev@glassfish.java.net

[OndemandServer] EJB Service

From: Tang Yong <tangyong_at_cn.fujitsu.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 12:02:59 +0800

Hi Binod,Dev Team,

   I come from China and work on the AppServer Development related.

   I see the Binod's excited paper(http://weblogs.java.net/blog/binod/archive/2005/09/lazy_initializa.html),
and understand a lot related ondemand startup.

   However, I have a few problems and wish you can help me resolve them, as follows:
   1 I find that in "EjbServiceGroup.java", there are the following comment:

     "Represents the group services needed by EJBs. The main components
      of this servicegroup are ORB, JTS and system apps that use EJBs."

      then, what does the "system apps that use EJBs" mean?including EJBTimerBean?

   2 When appserver starts up, does the EJB Container need to be initialized? If yes, initializes which
service related EJB Container ?

   3 Are there some deep material about the internal of Appserver's LifeCycle?

Thanks!

Best Regard!

Tang Yong
Development Dept.I
Nanjing Fujitsu Nanda Software Tech. Co., Ltd.(FNST)
8/F., Civil Defense Building, No.189 Guangzhou Road,
Nanjing, 210029, China
TEL: +86+25-86630566-917
COINS: 79955-917
FAX: +86+25-83317685