dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: deployed war not showing up after server restart

From: Ken Paulsen <Ken.Paulsen_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:58:55 -0800

I also see that my deployed application isn't in the list of applications... at first.  If I wait about 45 seconds, it shows up.  If I start the server by doing: "asadmin start-domain -v" it shows:

Feb 25, 2008 5:36:42 PM com.sun.enterprise.web.WebDeployer load
INFO: Loading application admingui at /admingui
Feb 25, 2008 5:36:42 PM com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl.ApplicationLoaderService processApplication
INFO: Loading admingui Application done is 43075 ms
Feb 25, 2008 5:36:42 PM com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.AppServerStartup run
INFO: Glassfish v3 started in 44527 ms

The stuff before ... comes very quickly, the stuff after takes 44.527 seconds. :)

Ken

Anissa Lam wrote:
Hong Zhang wrote:
Hi, Anissa
   I also saw some weirdness in list-applications command right now. However, I can still access the previously deployed application without any problem after server restarts. If you have steps to reproduce this part, I will look into it.

   Jane will look into the list-applications command. We will possibly use the similar mechanism as in v2, looking in domain.xml to display the currently deployed applications. This is what I currently got from the list-applications command:

I deployed a hello1.war and list-applications shows me this before the restart:
hzhang@nmr:~/files/sun/glassfish/bin$ ./asadmin list-applications
SUCCESS : List of deployed applications per container
ContractProvider : web_ContractProvider
       properties=(Connector module=org.glassfish.web:webtier,Sniffer module=class com.sun.enterprise.web.WebSniffer)
       Application : hello1
               properties=(Source=file:/home/hzhang/files/sun/glassfish/config/../domains/domain1/applications/hello1/)
ContractProvider : security_ContractProvider
       properties=(Connector module=org.glassfish.core:security,Sniffer module=class com.sun.enterprise.security.SecuritySniffer)
       Application : hello1
               properties=(Source=file:/home/hzhang/files/sun/glassfish/config/../domains/domain1/applications/hello1/)

   Though the format is different from v2, it did list hello1 as expected. After I restarted server, I now got this:

hzhang@nmr:~/files/sun/glassfish/bin$ ./asadmin list-applications
SUCCESS : List of deployed applications per container
ContractProvider : web_ContractProvider
       properties=(Connector module=org.glassfish.web:webtier,Sniffer module=class com.sun.enterprise.web.WebSniffer)
ContractProvider : security_ContractProvider
       properties=(Connector module=org.glassfish.core:security,Sniffer module=class com.sun.enterprise.security.SecuritySniffer)

   It did not say hello1 at all.
This is exactly what i was experiencing  and thus this email.
My work around is  'vi domain.xml and quit without changing anything'.     This usually works 90% of time and i can then launch my app.   'touch domain.xml'  won't help though.

Anissa

- Hong

Anissa Lam wrote:

Hi,
I deployed a war and it is working fine.  Then i shut down the server.    When i restart the server,    'asadmin list-applications'  doesn't show this war file at all.  And of course,   i cannot launch that war file any more.
Is this a known issue or  its my environment ? thanks
Anissa.