dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [v3] runtime errors during deployment - Class cast exception

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 15:10:58 +0530

Amy Roh wrote:
> Jerome Dochez wrote:
>> seems like you have a bad build, somehow your webtier deployer is not
>> found by HK2...
>> do you have modules/web/webtier-10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar file ?
> Yes. Not sure why I had a bad build because I tried fresh svn
> checkout, mvn clean, (even remove my local .m2), and mvn -U install -
> shouldn't that ensure I have the latest build?
>
> I no longer have this problem though.

I am facing the same issue. I updated both my HK2 and v3 workspace,
rebuilt my HK2 workspace, removed all org.glassfish.* and javax.*
artifacts from my local maven repo before running 'mvn clean && mvn
install'. Now when I deploy a simple war, I get the same error that Amy
reported.

I don't think it is related to build. Seems to be caused by some change
to SecurityDeployer.java and ApplicationLifecycle.java.

Thanks,
Sahoo