dev@glassfish.java.net

Unable to drop tables at deployment/undeployment time

From: Sekhar Vajjhala <Sekhar.Vajjhala_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 10:56:18 -0500

I am trying to deploy an ear file with the following persistence.xml
to drop and create tables at deployment time on GF 9.1 .

<persistence>
  <persistence-unit name="helloworld">
    <properties>
        <!--Use the java2db feature -->
        <property name="toplink.ddl-generation"
value="drop-and-create-tables"/>
    </properties>
  </persistence-unit>
</persistence>

The deployment succeeds but I keep getting the following error:

JDO76614: Deployment encountered SQL Exceptions:
        JDO76609: Got SQLException executing statement "CREATE TABLE
SEQUENCE (SEQ_NAME VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL, SEQ_COUNT
DECIMAL, PRIMARY KEY (SEQ_NAME))": java.sql.SQLException: Table/View
'SEQUENCE' already exists in Schema 'APP'.

I have also tried the options to asadmin commands
(to override persistence.xml settings)

    undeploy --droptables==true javaeecomponent
or deploy --dropandcreatetables=true <ear-file>

but I still get the same exception.

Suggestions ?

Thanks,
Sekhar