dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: V3: Has the asadmin deploy command changed w.r.t specifying the context root

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 16:28:06 -0800

Kedar Mhaswade wrote:

> Bill Shannon wrote:
>> Kedar Mhaswade wrote:
>>> I always believed (as a user) that entering into multi-mode was akin
>>> to declaring my consent for interaction (aka liveliness).
>>
>> I wouldn't tie multi-mode to interactive. (We need the Java equivalent
>> of isatty(0).)
>
> Isn't that java.io.Console on Java 6?

I think so. I still find it weird that it's not associated with a
file descriptor or a stream.

>> Multi-mode could be invoked by a UNIX script that starts with
>> #!/usr/bin/asadmin
>
> Interesting. You mean development of a full-fledged asadmin "shell",
> right? I was modeling more on the standard "ftp" program.

It doesn't need to be a "shell" any more than awk is a shell.
It just needs to be capable of reading a multi-line asadmin "program".

Weren't we considering adding more (TCL-based?) programming capabilities
to asadmin?