dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Instructions for pushing binaries to maven repository

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 22:52:12 +0530

Dinesh,

Thanks for documenting this, but I hope we are *not* allowing every
developer to build binaries in their environment and push it into global
maven repo, are we? I understand Java removes a lot of release
engineering issues that are typically associated C/C++ world, but that
does not mean we allow developers to create binaries and push it into
maven repo. Binaries that are used to build production systems like
GlassFish *must* be built in controlled environment using processes that
are reproducible. Why can't binaries be pushed by release engineering
team? Then they can take care of issues like tagging the workspace,
using the right compiler version, right flags (e.g. debug/optimize) to
compile, etc.

Thanks,
Sahoo