dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Deploy a web app, rename domain.xml to domain.bak, can't restart

From: Kedar Mhaswade <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 14:16:21 -0800

>>> yes. but the deployment command does not have all the meta data that
>>> would eventually be stored in the configuration, it's calculated
>>> along the way of deployment,
>>
>> The minimum data required is:
>> - name
>> - location
>> - whether the app/module is enabled
>>
>> That should be available for any deployment, I believe.
>>
>> Is there other meta-data that you were thinking of persisting to
>> domain.xml?
> list of containers, extra properties per container at least, so far.

Hmmm. Can these properties be "managed"? If not, is it better if we
persist them elsewhere? If a developer/administrator needs to know them
(even from a read-only perspective) it's OK to persist them there, but
I am not sure.

Anyway, the minimal set is different from complete set. I think we should
add the application/module's name/location/enable-status as a minimum to
domain.xml and admin code should do that. If you don't object to it, I will
make that change.