dev@glassfish.java.net

Deploy a web app, rename domain.xml to domain.bak, can't restart

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 11:08:18 -0600

Hi.

If I start the server successfully using java -jar <the-main-jar> and
then I deploy a web app, and the domain.xml file is renamed to
domain.bak. It is never renamed back to .xml nor is a new domain.xml
created - at least not anywhere I have found and I've looked. The
same thing happens if I restart the server with a web app deployed
already (having renamed the domain.bak back to domain.xml or else the
server will not start).

Interestingly, using java -jar to start the server I do not see the
class not found exceptions for
com.sun.enterprise.admin.server.core.jmx.AppServerMBeanServerBuilder
that I see when I run using mvn gf:run.

Further, if I run with mvn gf:run then I see the exceptions I wrote
about last night but I *do *get a new domain.xml in the domain's config
directory!

Odd. Any ideas?

- Tim