dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: GFV3 build error in core

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 15:22:00 -0800

yes this is what I asked from the beginning of the whole thread. why
did noone bother to verify that at the time ?

this is not an implemented feature yet, we need full web container
support, which should come soon per Amy's progress.

jerome

On Jan 6, 2008, at 1:47 PM, Ludovic Champenois wrote:

> Jerome Dochez wrote:
>> tu peux m'envoyer ton war, je n'ai pas ce probleme avec celles que
>> j'utilise.
> nb does not use war for v3, but uses directory deployment.
> A simple empty new nb web app project can reproduce the issue.
> Nb uses this as a deploy command:
> http://localhost:8080/__asadmin/deploy?path=/Users/ludo/WebApplication58/build/web
> where
> /Users/ludo/WebApplication58/build
> content is attached as a zip file. It has a web/web-inf/jsr311-api
> jar (not sure why Nb 6 does that for now. This might be the issue?)
> Ludo

>>> ok, v3/api first then v3 for now, but the resulting server still
>>> does not start on Mac (same issue as the public preview):
>>>
>>> At startup of this fresh build, I have:
>>>
>>> Jan 6, 2008 9:20:57 AM
>>> com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.ApplicationLifecycle failure
>>> SEVERE: Exception while invoking class
>>> com.sun.enterprise.v3.web.WebDeployer prepare method
>>> java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start:
>>> LifecycleException: start: : java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried
>>> to access method
>>> org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.addJar(Ljava/lang/
>>> String;Ljava/util/jar/JarFile;Ljava/io/File;)V from class
>>> org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader
>>> at
>>> org
>>> .apache
>>> .catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:
>>> 976)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:
>>> 957)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java: