dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Non-JMS MDB needs JMS?

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 15:09:14 -0800

Frank Kieviet wrote:
> Markus,
>
> You need to use a Glassfish specific deployment descriptor (sun-ejb-jar.xml)
> that will tell Glassfish to which resource adapter to bind your MDB. The
> parameter is called MID and is equal to the name of the resource adapter as
> it shows up in the glassfish console.

Isn't there enough information for GlassFish to match the resource adapter
with the MDB without that deployment descriptor? I would think the interface
implemented by the MDB could be matched with the interfaces supported by the
resource adapter. What additional information is needed?

(Obviously if more than one resource adapter supported the same interface,
you would have to do something to resolve the ambiguity.)