dev@glassfish.java.net

Seam, Web Services and GlassFish

From: Jason Lee <jason_at_steeplesoft.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 14:51:24 -0500

I have a question regarding Seam and web services as they relate to
GlassFish. Chapter 20 of the Seam 2 docs (
http://docs.jboss.com/seam/2.0.1.CR1/reference/en/html/webservices.html)
show how to use standard-jaxws-endpoint-config.xml to configure a handler
chain that insures that the Seam context has been started before the web
service endpoint has anything invoked on it. Despite the references to
jboss in the file, I tried using that file, verbatim, under GF, but, as I
expected, had no luck. I've googled some, but I haven't found any
documentation on how to achieve this under GlassFish (or, preferably, in a
portable fashion, assuming that I'm correct in my assessment that the
approach they show is not). It's also entirely possible that I packaged the
file incorrectly (I am by no means a web service expert). It has been a
while, but, if I recall correctly, I tried putting that file in META-INF in
the EJB jar, as well as in the ear, with no noticable change. Any thoughts?

I appreciate it! :)

--
Jason Lee, SCJP
Software Architect -- Objectstream, Inc.