dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Quick analysis of v3 hg repo

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 09:54:04 -0800

Thanks Paul and Ken for this detailed analysis.

I'm still confused about one thing...

If I look at the size of the text files for GlassFish V2 in the workspace
on my machine, where I do my own nightly build of the sources, the source
code is about 166MB. That includes appserv-tests, which is about 18MB.

Why is the V3 source code so much larger (400MB)? Does the V3 repository
include code that's not in the V2 CVS repository?

Or am I not looking at the right thing in my V2 workspace? What do *you*
get if you measure the size of a V2 workspace? (In the directory that
contains "glassfish", "glassfish_dependencies", and "publish", I'm doing
"du -s glassfish".)