dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: cvs help?

From: Dinesh Patil <Dinesh.Patil_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 16:17:13 -0800

Bill Shannon wrote:

> Any cvs experts out there? We're having a problem with cvs annotate.
> In some cases, cvs annotate returns nothing. I'm sure it has something
> to do with branches, but I don't understand cvs well enough to know what
> to do to fix it. For example:
>
> cd glassfish/appserv-core/src/java
> cvs annotate
> com/sun/enterprise/deployment/backend/WebArchiveDeployer.java
>
> <<returns nothing>>
>
> Any idea how to get cvs to return useful data in this case?

It seems this file is added in SAILFIN_BRANCH initially, so present only
in SJSAS91_FCS_BRANCH, not in UR1. cvs annotate seems to be printing
revisions of the trunk only, so that's why no info is provided, other
files it shows the info.

*For each file in files, print the head revision of the trunk, together
with information on the last modification for each line.*