dev@glassfish.java.net

Changes to VM tuning.

From: Binod <Binod.Pg_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:07:59 +0530

Hi everyone,

Heads up regarding some changes to default JVM options for glassfish.
I am planning to do the check-in in next couple of days.

We are removing the default -client option from the developer profile
domain.xml. That means that in server class machines glassfish will be
starting with -server VM (tuned for runtime performance and not startup).

When VM is server, QuickStartup also will be switched off as the
intention is to tune for runtime performance in server-class machines
and not startup.

In client-class machines the current behaviour will continue as the JDK
will pick -client as the default VM.

thanks,
Binod.