dev@glassfish.java.net

RE: Glassfish CVS Availability [was: RE: can anyone access cvs since upgrade?]

From: Jim Wright <jwright_at_collab.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 16:46:57 -0700

Jamey,

We have contacted Bobby by phone and e-mail to do a walk-through with
Brian Noble and myself of the results he is getting. We do not currently understand
some aspects of the error message he was getting.

Bobby has not responded. It may be that he has left for the weekend.

We are working directly one-on-one with serveral other users who appear to
have experienced the same problem to collect more information. These include
Khrisna Gadepalli and Kohsuke Kawaguchi.

We have also received some very useful input from Russ Tremain. Again, thanks
Russ.

I would like to encourage Terena to escalate the issues in the normal channels.
These are designed to provide a quick response and will put her directly in contact
with support staff and assist us in preventing bottlenecking the folks doing the
troubleshooting.

Here is the escalation procedure we have published:

Escalation Procedure for P1 Issues
Report problems following the paths below. On the weekend, call rather than e-mail
to get a quick response. We do not monitor the support e-mail alias, web support or
Salesforce.com from 6:00 pm Friday to 6:00 am Monday, so using the telephone is
quickest. For P1 outages, use words like "P1", "outage", "repository down" to convey
the P1 nature of the problem.

Four paths to Report Problems:
1. Web:
  http://www.collab.net/support/login.html

2. Phone: (standard phone numbers 24x7)
  800-211-3047 (US) or 650-228-2561 (Int'l)

3. Salesforce.com: for case entry 24x7
   (monitored 24x5 for Sun: Mon 6 am - Fri 6pm PDT)
  http://www.collab.net/support/login.html

4. E-mail:
   cnsupport_at_collab.net

Fast Path for Weekend Escalations
Primary Weekend On-Call 04/06/07
Kavitha Jayakumar
(must call after Fri 6pm - Sun 6pm PDT)
800-211-3047
cnsupport_at_collab.net

Escalation contact 7am-7pm PDT 24x7
Michael Lavoie
mlavoie_at_collab.net
650-228-2532 Desk
(650) 533-7264 Mobile

Escalation contact 7pm-7am PDT 24x7
Mohan
mohan_at_collab.net
650-228-3990 Desk
91-98-4095-9999 Mobile

Additional escalation backup help
Shilpa Vora
svora_at_collab.net
650-228-2628 Desk
917-488-9262 Mobile
Jim Wright
jwright_at_collab.net
650-228-2624 Desk
510-499-4135 Mobile

Regards,
Jim

Jim Wright
Developer Network Community Facilitator
CollabNet, Inc.; 8000 Marina Blvd., Suite 600
Brisbane, California 94005-1865, USA
Ph: +1 650 228-2500, Cell: +1 510 499-4135
jwright_at_collab.net