dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Fwd: GlassFish build failure]

From: Terena Chinn-Fujii <Terena.Chinnfujii_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 15:55:57 -0700

Bill Shannon wrote:
> Terena Chinn-Fujii wrote:
>> The RE builds updates the image with snapshot pointing to the
>> latest nightly build. However, it's possible that your 3:00am build
>> was still picking up the previous night's build since the trunk's
>> snapshots generally don't get updated until 4:00am-8:30am depending
>> on the platform being built (and the network traffic going on).
>
> So there's a window between when someone checks in a change of
> this sort and 8:30am the next day during which GlassFish might
> not be buildable?

The snapshots don't get updated if the build is broken or if
the tests are failing so it's always pointing to a build that should
be buildable.

RE nightly builds starts at 11:59pm PDT with cvs checking out all the
source files which takes about an hour or so. If someone checks in
something during that time, the build may/may not pick it up
depending on where the build is with checking out the modules.

Terena