dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: HA/in-memory replication

From: kedar <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 11:30:31 -0700

Jan:

Jan Luehe wrote:

> Peter Fabian wrote On 04/12/07 10:22 AM,:
>
>> Jan Luehe wrote:

>>> You need to upgrade clusterjsp's sun-web.xml to conform to
>>> sun-web-app_2_5-0.dtd,
>>> which is where we added "replicated" to the list of valid
>>> persistence-type
>>> values, i.e., use this DOCTYPE declaration:
>>>
>>> <!DOCTYPE sun-web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD
>>> Application Server 9.0 Servlet 2.5//EN"
>>> "http://www.sun.com/software/appserver/dtds/sun-web-app_2_5-0.dtd">
>>>

>> so this is actually bug in samples, right?
>

> If the sample is supposed to use in-memory replication as opposed to
> HADB,
> then yes, that would be a bug in samples (for not using latest DOCTYPE
> in bundled
> sun-web.xml).
>
> An alternative to upgrading the DOCTYPE in the sun-web.xml would be to
> remove its
> persistence-type attribute, in which case the persistence-type
> specified in the domain's
> <web-container-availability> element will be picked up, which defaults
> to "replicated"
> in the case of the "cluster" profile.

That's right, but I am not sure if the "validation"
of this attribute/element in sun-web.xml itself
is valid :)

This is because AFAIK, there can be any name to the
persistence type because we do have the SPI for
memory replication that one can provide an
implementation for and name it the way implementor
likes.

We made the change to domain's DTD to make this
value a CDATA and not an enumeration. Shouldn't
sun-web-dtd do a corresponding change?

Am I missing something?

Kedar