dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Fwd: GlassFish build failure]

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 14:53:09 -0700

Anissa Lam wrote:

> There is changes yesterday afternoon in the Admin GUI code that
> requires a bootstrap-all IF you do your build before today's image is
> available.
> If you are doing a bootstrap-all, you should be fine, as long as you
> update glassfish/bootstrap directory before you do bootstrap-all.
> If you are just doing bootstrap, it should be ok NOW that today's
> nightly build is available.

My build script runs at 3:00am. It does bootstrap-all.

Should it have worked at 3:00am today?

I keep running into these situations where the source code and the
non-source code parts of the build are out of sync. The problem
usually corrects itself in 24 hours. Is there some nightly build
done by someone else to update the image/snapshot/whatever?

Is there some way to combine the commit of source code changes of
this sort with the update of the image/snapshot/whatever so that
builds are always possible?