dev@glassfish.java.net

Contingency Plan for CVS Issues

From: Jamey Wood <Jamey.Wood_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:23:05 -0600

Hi all,

As you have seen in Jim Wright's update messages, the CollabNet team has
isolated the intermittent CVS issues. They believe that a fix could be
forthcoming in the next 12-24 hours (though any such troubleshooting
work is unpredictable by nature).

We are very hopeful that this will work out, but also want to be
prepared with a backup plan if it does not. So I want to make everyone
aware that we MAY temporarily migrate to a different CVS server at 10am
PT tomorrow (4/12) if the issues with the current environment are not
resolved by then. Note that if this happens, there WILL be at least an
hour where CVS would be locked on both servers and there WILL be action
required from anyone who wishes to continue accessing CVS while we are
using the temporary environment.

More information will be forthcoming. I just wanted to make everyone
aware of the possibility. Again, our hope is that no migration will be
necessary.

Thanks,
Jamey